What we consume plays an important role in increasing our brain function, memory, and concentration. Various foods and supplements that will help you boost your memory are:
- Omega-3 is a huge memory booster and brain enhancer; hence, eating fatty fish with an abundant amount is a healthy choice for your brain. Salmon and sardines are rich sources for Omega-3. Our bodies use Omega-3 to make nerve cells and hence help with memory. Consumption of fish also helps you improve your grey matter, which comprises a major number of nerve cells.
- Caffeine increases your alertness and makes you less sleepy. Caffeine is also said to boost the amount of serotonin that helps you improve your mood. Hence, the addition of coffee to your diet can supplement your brain. Coffee is also rich in antioxidants that have a positive impact on your brain.
- Dark Chocolate has cocoa in it, which acts as a brain booster. It has flavonoids that are responsible for handling memory.
- They say blueberries have abundant antioxidants. So add some into your oatmeal in the morning for an extra boost!
- Eat your fruits and vegetables. A lot of vegetables contain antioxidants and these are not only beneficial for your brain but also your overall health. They say broccoli is a very rich source of antioxidants and Vitamin K.
- Eggs are the storehouse of various necessary nutrients such as vitamin B12, folate, and choline. B12 processes brain chemicals.
- Vitamin C is a major protector from a mental decline that comes with age. Drink a glass of orange juice with your breakfast for quick Vitamin C boost.